Search This Blog

Saturday, June 26, 2010



DAY FIVE
Breakfast. I cheated. But only technically. This is what happened: I was making my breakfast smoothie--Blueberry, Carob and Almond Milk--and the silly ole blueberries kept leaping out of the colander and into my mouth. See? It’s not even my fault that I didn’t strictly have liquids only first thing in the AM. Despite the actions of those few rogue berries, something tells me I will manage to carry on with the detox just swimmingly. . .
Lunch. The Lentil Salad I made for lunch was very flavorful and delicious despite the (unintentional) omission of cucumbers and scallions. I may have previously mentioned portion size in passing, but now I really have to make a point of it. Maybe I’m just a light-weight when it comes to tucking in, but I am beginning to feel overwhelmed by how much food some of these recipes make. For instance with the Lentil Salad I would argue it comes out to be closer to three portions, at least. I noticed this with the Salmon, Broccoli Rabe and Quinoa recipe. From now on, where it says make one cup of quinoa/lentils/whatever I’ll only make half a cup. Who wants to be noshing the same grains for days on end, right?
Dinner. I decided to do a quick, light juice for dinner. We’ll see how sorely I rue that decision come bedtime when I’m running on fumes. Although, I’d rather end the day with an empty tank than try to go through a day with one. Not like you’re going to be partaking of a track and field competition in your sleep, is it?
Speaking of sleep, last night was sadly no better than the one before it. Perhaps I am being unfair to blame the detox for my unrest, as I am currently entering a very stressful time in my life. Looming ahead is a big move and a correspondingly large job change. I like to think that would be enough to disturb anyone’s sleep and that I’m not just being a Nervous Nellie, as my mom would say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have a question or suggestion for me, leave it as a comment below.