Search This Blog

Saturday, June 26, 2010



DAY FOUR
I should tell you that I’m not in the habit of preparing meats. I’m not a vegetarian and I certainly order meat while out in restaurants. I just don’t like the look, feel and smell of raw meat enough to include meat-centric dishes in my usual kitchen repertoire. That said, I have been trying out meat dishes for the solid detox meals.
Keeping all of that in mind, I have a confession to make. Yesterday I had planned to make the Roast Lamb Loin with Rosemary and Asparagus and that didn’t happen. Why not, you may ask? Well, I was supposed to defrost the lamb in the refrigerator overnight and I plum forgot to take the dang thing out of the freezer! Lunchtime was before me and I had to scramble to come up with a suitable substitute.
Not feeling especially creative, I reheated the leftover Zucchini and Basil soup I had had the night before and added black beans. I also sautéed some whole zucchini pieces in a little ginger-garlic paste with olive oil and tossed that in the soup as well. Pretty boring save, I know, but at that point I was too hungry to care about scoring crafty cook points.
Food aside, I’d like to mention that I’ve noticed a slight shift in my sleeping pattern. Usually, I cannot go to sleep before midnight and I wake up when the sunlight floods my room. Usually, I wake up (usually around four in the morning) to go to the bathroom. I have not been sleeping well recently. Last night I was ready to pass out come 11:30, but once the lights were out I couldn’t fall asleep. My mind was over-active and when I did snooze I had weird, borderline bad dreams. I had read that this could be a side-effect of the detox but I thought I’d be able to pass it up. (Don’t ask me why.) Guess not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have a question or suggestion for me, leave it as a comment below.