Search This Blog

Friday, June 25, 2010



DAY TWO
I shan’t do a meal-by-meal breakdown today for the dishes have not altered since yesterday. Each recipe, you see, makes two servings. For the sake of convenience and economy I will henceforth be eating leftovers every second day. As a recent college graduate, I am more than comfortable with thrift and thereby, leftovers. Of course if you’re not the nine-day-old pease porridge type, you have other options before you. For instance, the book suggests you share the other portion with a buddy. Actually, I’m starting to see the wisdom in that system. Rather than having someone to dissolve your resolve with sweets, you could have someone cheering you on and sharing your chocolate-deprived misery. (You’ve heard how it loves company.)
Well, I’m not really on my own with this because I’m doing it for You, too. Which is why I will pass on all of the tips and tricks I develop along the way. As of today, the best tip I can give you is to become very familiar with the elimination diet list and come up with some snacks that fit within it. My snack of choice right now is about a palmful of sunflower seeds and pecans--not just to stave off hunger but to keep my metabolism going.
For me, at least, snacks are vital to surviving the long stretch between lunch and dinner. The gaps between meals varies based on my work schedule. On Mondays and Fridays I eat breakfast around eight, have lunch around one, and then eat dinner at five or six o’clock. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I eat breakfast around nine-thirty, have lunch at about two, and then don’t eat dinner until eight or later.
I would typically feel very hungry come lunch and dinnertime (sans snacks) on my regular diet. With the Clean detox, I don’t feel any hungrier than I did before, given the same circumstances. I cannot say that your experience will be the same, since everyone’s schedules and metabolisms vary, but I not say not to worry about feeling like you’ll waste away.
If you do continue to feel ravenous despite having eaten a snack, you’re probably dehydrated. Drinking plenty of water daily is key to strong health, whether or not you’re detoxing. Don’t just have a glass of water with a meal or, my nana’s favorite, just for pill-taking. (Worse still is waiting until you’re thirsty. “Thirsty” is just a cutesy synonym for “dehydrated”.) If you don’t like the taste of straight water, try mixing in some lemon juice or some cucumber slices--both are very cleansing additives.
How do you motivate yourself through a goal? What’s a healthy snack that you like? If you have a question or suggestion for me, leave it as a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have a question or suggestion for me, leave it as a comment below.