Search This Blog

Saturday, June 26, 2010



DAY THREE
I have been struggling for the past two weeks with a sore, scratchy throat and corresponding cough. For longer than two weeks (I couldn’t say how much longer exactly) I’ve had a sprained wrist. Yesterday I noticed a peculiar knot in the back of my throat, only to discover that it’s a swollen tonsil. Every day for months now I’ve had a very sore knot in the base of my hand. In addition to my life-long ailments, I will be monitoring these recent glitches in my health during this detox.
Even though Dr. Junger recommends photographing yourself every day of the detox, I’m not. (He also recommends getting a weekly massage, but if I could afford that I would have already been doing it. Some things just aren’t practical, ya know?) It’s only day three and stopping short of a miracle occurring, I don’t see how there could be alterations to view at this point. I did take pictures before I began all of this. Literally minutes before I took my first sip of breakfast drink on day one I snapped three photos which you can see at the foot of this blog. At the end of each week I will also take pictures and do a recap of the changes and/or improvements I’ve felt over the course of that week. Be sure to stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have a question or suggestion for me, leave it as a comment below.